RECAP OF WINTER SESSION
Winter Session of 2022 Coming Soon!
Buffalo PAL has worked in collaboration with The Buffalo Sabres Foundation, Community Foundation of Greater Buffalo, and the James H. Cummings Foundation to support the purchase of a Can-Ice skating rink system.
This system is the first of its kind and it is located in the City of Buffalo. This system will be used as part of Buffalo PAL and City of Buffalo’s Recreation programs to support inner-city youth.
Buffalo PAL in partnership with the City of Buffalo Parks and Recreation department will be launching a “Learn to Skate” program.
Currently, inner city youth do not have access to this particular program. The PAL “Learn to Skate” program will focus on teaching youth how to skate; with the goal of exposing them to the sport of hockey.
More information on Can-Ice can be found here: https://can-ice.com/
The Buffalo Sabres Foundation, Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of Western New York, Project Play WNY, Community Foundation of Greater Buffalo, James H. Cummings Foundation, City of Buffalo Department of Community Services, the City of Buffalo Department of Parks & Recreation, Buffalo Olmsted Parks, and The Assist Foundation.
Key benefits of the Can-Ice surface;
- This is the FIRST Ice Rink of its kind located on the East Side of Buffalo.
- Permits the Buffalo PAL to bring an ice skating rink to any location in the city, indoors or out. Instantly a tennis court or gymnasium into a skating rink.
- easy to install and remove for maximum versatility and portability
- Ice like performance for learn to skate programs as well as those with more advanced skills
- low maintenance & easy storage
- Helping to grow and support the sport of hockey by youth beginning to learn to skate, with an emphasis on:
- a) improving the experience for people involved (prioritizing FUN); and
- b) removing barriers to access, promoting diversity and creating inclusive environments.
- Activating opportunities to use sport as a tool to build life skills and strengthen community
- Producing more role models in this sport through, values-based coaching
- Cultivating partnerships with people and organizations with like-minded values to amplify impact.
BY SAUNDRA ADAMS