City of Buffalo / PAL Youth Recreational Mentoring Program (Year-Round)
WHAT THE COB/PAL MENTORING PROGRAM?
Mentor or partnership programs connect youth with caring adults who have specific skills and knowledge (mentors) with individuals (protégés) who need or want the same skills and advantages to move up in work, skill level, or school performance. Participants in mentor programs, both young and old, share their values and personal goals in a mutually respectful, supportive way which leads to a more enriched life for both. A successful mentor program helps break down barriers and creates opportunities for success.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Among youth in mentoring programs, there have been recorded increases in:
- Regard for and comfort with members of other races
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with other adults
- Decision-making ability in the career-choice process
- Mentoring programs may noticeably increase school attendance among mentees
- Roles of non-familial adults in the lives of at-risk children have been shown to be beneficial in increasing resiliency and success
- In programs that specialize in youth mentoring, people from outside a youth’s everyday world cooperate to build positive assets for the youth, giving the community a stake in her or his future
- Mentor programs open new opportunities and understanding for mentors and protégés
- Mentor programs offer a way to pass valuable skills and knowledge from person to person
- Passing opportunities along from one person to another helps ensure that those living in a community have the ability to maintain and improve it
- Mentors and role models have a chance to create a new relationship and enjoy successfully teaching someone something new
AGES: 8-18 years old (Boys only)
DATES: Thursday Nights (Year Round Every Week)
LOCATION: Hennepin Community Center (24 Ludington Ave.)
City of Buffalo / PAL Youth Recreational Mentoring Fishing Program (Spring & Summer)
If you’re looking for a fun, action-packed outdoor adventure for your children age 6 to 15, come out and join us for in the City of Buffalo / PAL Youth Recreational Mentoring Fishing Program. Sponsored by the City of Buffalo Department of Community Services and Recreation and the Police Athletic League of Buffalo, these events take place at ponds throughout the City of Buffalo. The program takes place every Thursday from 6pm-8pm. Please Check the PAL Calendar for Updates on Summer & Fall Sessions.
participants visit activity stations where they learn about fundamental fishing skills and conservation. Then they have an opportunity to fish and practice their new fishing skills. All equipment is provided.
Participation in the program is free, but pre-registration is required Here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PALFallFishing2021